How to Search for Notices
If you want to search for notices that identify a particular debtor or that include a particular motor vehicle serial number, or if you want to find a notice by its filing number, you may select the Search option either from the Welcome screen without logging in or from the Home (Dashboard) Page while you are logged in.
Whether or not you are logged in, the search screen includes tabs for the different types of search criteria from which you may select.
- If you know the filing number of the initial notice, select the filing Number tab, enter the filing number in the displayed filing number field and click the Submit button.
If you are searching for notices that name a particular debtor, click the Debtor tab. In the Debtor tab, select the type of debtor on which you want to search.
- If the debtor is a Nepali Citizen, select appropriate option. Enter the individual’s citizenship number and the name in the indicated fields and click the Submit button. You must enter at least the citizenship number correctly which is a mandatory field. It is also recommended that you enter the first, middle and surnames correctly in order to correctly identify the borrower. If you do not know the names, you may leave them blank. By leaving the names field blank, you will find all notices that have the same citizenship number but different names.
- If the debtor is a foreign national, enter the individual’s passport number and name as it appears in his passport. The data entry process is similar to that of Nepali citizen. The entry of the passport number is mandatory.
- If the debtor is the registered Nepali or Foreign company entity, enter the name and the registration number as it appears in the registration certificate and submit.
- If the debtor is the unregistered foreign company allowed to do business here in Nepal, enter its name as it appears in its formation document and submit.
- If you are searching for notices that include a particular motor vehicle serial number (VIN) in the collateral description, click the Vehicle Serial Number tab. Enter the serial number in the displayed field and click the Submit button.
- When the search is submitted, the system will identify all matching notices and display all information for each notice in filing number sequence, with all change notices for each initial notice following the initial notice to which they are related.
- The Home (Dashboard) Screen will also allow you to have the certified reports of the searches. You may click the “Request for a Certified Search” tab in the Home screen for the certified reports. The certified search report will include certification language and electronic signature of the authorized official of the Secured Transaction Registry.
- It will also include a unique number for the certified search report that can be used to retrieve the report from the Filing database if needed later. The certified search report is an official record of the Filing Office, and you can use the printed report as evidence of the state of the record on the date of the certified report. If any entity (court, government or non government agencies) should refuse to recognize the certified report, you may request an originally signed certificate of authenticity from the Secured Transaction Registry Office by providing the number of the certified search report.