How to File (Register) Notices
To file the notices of security interest or lien, you must log in to the website, whether you are a user of a client account or a one-time user or infrequent user of the service. Once you log in, you will be on a Home page (Dashboard) from which you can select the action you want to do. If you want to file an initial notice of security interest or lien, select the “File a new notice” option to go to the Filing initial notice screen. The filing screens are quite simple and intuitive to use. The processes for filing the notices for both the security interest and lien are exactly the same which are as follows:
- The first tab is the “General Details” which is displayed when you open the screen. It is automatically filled with information about you or your company that you filled while opening your client account. Just below the “General Details” information, there is an "Add Registrant as Secured Party" button that you may click if the secured party is the same as the filing party. If you click the button, you may then bypass the Secured Party tab.
The second tab is the Debtors tab which is used to enter one or more debtors. To add a debtor, first click the “Add Debtor” button to open the add screen. There are five types of debtors that you can choose from: Nepali Citizen, Foreigner, Registered Nepali Corporate Body, Registered Foreign Corporate Body and Unregistered Foreign Corporate Body. Select the debtor type and fill up the information on the given fields as follows. Once all information has been entered, click the Submit button to save the entry.
- If a debtor is a Nepali citizen, enter his/her name and citizenship number exactly as it appears on his/her citizenship card. Enter the debtor’s address and contact information as per the given fields. Upload the citizenship card page bearing the name and the citizenship number of the debtor.
- If the debtor is a foreign national, enter his/her name and passport number exactly as it appears in his/her passport. Enter the debtor’s address and contact information here in Nepal as per the given fields. Upload the Passport page bearing the name and passport number of the debtor.
- If a debtor is a local or foreign company registered in Nepal, enter its name and registration number exactly as it appears on the records of the Company Registrar Office. Enter the debtor’s detail address and contact information as per the given fields. Upload the Registration Document page bearing the name and registration number of the debtor.
- If the debtor is a foreign company not registered in Nepal but allowed to do business in Nepal as per the prevailing law, enter its name exactly as it appears on the formation document recognized under the laws in force of the country where such body corporate has been incorporated.
- The third tab is the Secured Party tab which is used to enter one or more secured parties. Enter the secured party’s name, address and contact information on the indicated fields. If there are two or more secured parties, you can continue to add them by selecting the Add Secured Party button after you have added a secured party’s information.
The fourth tab is the Collateral tab. It is used to enter a description of the personal property that secures the obligation. The description of the collateral may be general or specific, so long as it informs a person who reads it whether particular property is covered by the security interest. There are three ways in which you can enter collateral information, and you may use any one, two or all three of them.
- You may enter a narrative description of any length in the text box.
- You may enter one or more serial numbers in the Serial Number text box. The serial number for a motor vehicle is the number etched on the body of the vehicle by the manufacturer. It is not a licence plate number. To add additional serial numbers, click on the Add Serial Number button. You also have Remove button in case you want to delete or remove the Serial No entries.
- You may attach a PDF file containing the description of the collateral.
- The fifth tab is the Prior Transaction Tab. If notice is for a transaction that predates the start-up date of the registry, you may mark the box as “Yes”. Once Prior Transaction Date (Agreement Date) is entered, Start up date (Effective Date) of the registry will pop up automatically. In the Prior Transaction case, lapse date of the notice will be set to five years from the effective date i.e. the registry start up date by default.
- The sixth tab is Other Information tab. There are two mandatory information that you must fill up. The first one is related with the “Loan Amount” and the other is related with the “Debtor Type”. Apart from the individual borrower, if the borrowing institution is big “corporate”, “SME” (small to medium enterprise) or micro (very small company) or the company run by women, you may tick accordingly.
Apart from this, you may enter any other information you deem relevant to this filing. Entries can be any. It may be about the debtor’s business, scale and size of its operations, its turn over, number of staffs or any other information.
- Once all filing information has been entered, you may press “Review” to review all filing details. If the filing looks correct upon review, then press the “Confirm” button at the bottom to submit the filing. Otherwise, press the “Edit” button in the respective fields to make corrections. Upon submitting the filing, a filing confirmation page will be displayed. This page contains all information on the filing and can be printed. It contains a file number assigned by the system along with the date and time of the filing. You may print or save as a proof of your filing.