How to File (Register) a Change Notice
To file a change to an existing notice, you must log in to the website, whether you are a user of a client account or a one-time user or infrequent user. Once you log in, you will be on a Home page from which you can select the action you want to do. If you want to amend, continue, or terminate an existing notice of security interest or lien, select the “Change an existing Notice” option to go to the Change Notice screen. If you are a debtor named on an existing notice and you want to object to something in the notice, select the “Change an existing Notice” option as well.
For an amended notice, first mark the name or names of each secured party who authorizes the Change Notice. Once you click on the appropriate secured party and push the Confirm button, you will be taken to the Home screen of the change notice. You may then add, delete or change information on debtors, secured parties and collateral by selecting the tab for the type of information to be added, deleted or changed.
- If the Change Notice adds a debtor, secured party or vehicle serial number, select and click the appropriate Add button.
- If the Change Notice deletes a debtor, secured party or collateral, select and click the appropriate “delete” tab beside the entry for the item to be deleted.
- If the Change Notice changes information about a debtor or secured party, select the appropriate tab and then click “edit”. The edit screen will appear where you may make the changes in the information as required and “submit”.
- If the Change Notice changes the narrative description of collateral, click the Collateral tab and make the change to the description in the text box.
- If the Change Notice replaces an attached PDF document in the collateral tab, you may delete the existing PDF and click on the browse button to select the new document. You may add new vehicle serial number or attach new PDF by clicking add tab.
- For a continuation statement, first mark the name or names of each secured party who authorizes the continuation. No further data entry is required, so you may then click the confirm button. If the change is accepted by the system, it will automatically extend the period of effectiveness of the filed notice by five years. If the current date is not within the six-month period that ends on the lapse date of the initial notice, the system will refuse to accept the notice and the error message will pop up on the screen.
- For a termination statement, first mark the name or names of each secured party who authorizes the termination. No further data entry is required, so you may then click the Confirm button to save the Termination statement.
- For a notice of correction, first mark the name or names of each debtor who authorizes the correction. Then enter a description of the nature of the correction into the Correction Statement text box. You may then click the Confirm button to save the Correction Statement. The correction statement has no legal effect on the initial notice.